HeavyHitter55

POLL: Next Season

POLL: Next Season   

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like next season to be themed?

• NFL
    • Fictional Draft (re: ADL)
    • NFL & Fictional Draft (2 leagues)
    • Other

3 minutes ago, tjspeaks said:

I voted - where is my sticker? As stated, drafts are fun. We can take a one season break from official NFL rosters and go back to it after this one (save your roster to a USB stick).

Maybe a fantasy draft of current NFL players? I've gone thru the whole NFL and have abilities and tiers assigned based on PFF data. I could gather that and tweak it to fit CAG rules...?

3 minutes ago, tjspeaks said:

I believe you have fictional players mapped also. Whatever the guys want is good with me - I would enjoy either one.

Yes, can do either. No easier/ harder for me

I voted other. Like I said in the other thread, I think it’d be cool to do like an nhl season or Star Wars, or comic book or something like that.

1 hour ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

I voted both. The thing I despised about the ADL draft is that we had to remove abilities that they were given in order to insert other abilities to make them fit the criteria. 

Despised?  Seems awfully strong.  Suggestions are welcome.

24 minutes ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Despised?  Seems awfully strong.  Suggestions are welcome.

Perhaps that was strong. While I certainly appreciate all the effort you put into it, it was also frustrating to draft a player with the abilities I liked only to be forced to get rid of some of those abilities in order to replace them with abilities that were deemed a requirement for that player to fit the guidelines. If that's going to be the case than simply create them with all the required abilities already in place. Ignore that long run on sentence. I'm too lazy to think hard enough to edit it.

14 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

Perhaps that was strong. While I certainly appreciate all the effort you put into it, it was also frustrating to draft a player with the abilities I liked only to be forced to get rid of some of those abilities in order to replace them with abilities that were deemed a requirement for that player to fit the guidelines. If that's going to be the case than simply create them with all the required abilities already in place. Ignore that long run on sentence. I'm too lazy to think hard enough to edit it.

Um okay. Again, if youd like to offer up constructive criticism and a path forward of how to achieve your desired result. I'm all ears.

23 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

While I certainly appreciate all the effort you put into it

How do you suggest accomplishing this (in Excel)? I tried every possible way I know of to avoid having people to do it manually.  As I do with every tool I deploy.  I'd love to offer an unlocked, unhidden copy of the spreadsheet for you to edit and teach me another way as I've exhausted all ways I know.

Taking words at their face value - "Simply" also doesn't show much appreciation.

I'm taking this a bit personally simply because I've put in many hours in developing these tools for the betterment and enjoyment of the league for everyone else on my own time.  So yes, when the complexities of these tools are overlooked and simplified, I take some of it to heart.

Let's drop it.  If next season doesn't meet your standards, no one will force you to participate.  Other leagues are popping up.

1 hour ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

How do you suggest accomplishing this (in Excel)? I tried every possible way I know of to avoid having people to do it manually.  As I do with every tool I deploy.  I'd love to offer an unlocked, unhidden copy of the spreadsheet for you to edit and teach me another way as I've exhausted all ways I know.

Taking words at their face value - "Simply" also doesn't show much appreciation.

I'm taking this a bit personally simply because I've put in many hours in developing these tools for the betterment and enjoyment of the league for everyone else on my own time.  So yes, when the complexities of these tools are overlooked and simplified, I take some of it to heart.

Let's drop it.  If next season doesn't meet your standards, no one will force you to participate.  Other leagues are popping up.

True indeed. This conversation is exactly why I started not to comment on it. We went thru this back & forth the 1st time around. I am in the dark in terms of what is involved with building the spreadsheet. It was a choice you voluntarily made to work on it. It was my choice to voice my opinion of it, as you asked. Don't ask for an opinion of it if you aren't prepared to hear opinions that you may not be in favor of. Be that as it may, whatever direction the league decides on, I will be a participant of it when that season comes. I won't comment on this any further. Have a good evening

There is no real consensus on this so we will roll with NFL seasons. 

We may do a fantasy season in between the multiple NFL seasons to break them up.

Thanks.

Cool. I’ll need to update my roster anyway since Shanahan decided to cut Matthews (bad move IMO) and Colbert (saw coming) plus McKinnon is back on IR, so there’s that.