Sign in to follow this  
Lord Destro

Bring Back the ADL!!!

@Lord Destro,

Are you asking from the perspective of an alternate league? 

I just wish we could import roster in Javos editor to use online instead of exclusively offline.

If that were possible, the possibilities could be endless...

10 minutes ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

@Lord Destro,

Are you asking from the perspective of an alternate league? 

I just wish we could import roster in Javos editor to use online instead of exclusively offline.

If that were possible, the possibilities could be endless...

Yes, just another way to get more games in and have something different than using NFL teams.

10 minutes ago, Lord Destro said:

Yes, just another way to get more games in and have something different than using NFL teams.

While I liked the fictional players and draft to build a team, I remember the exaggerated body builds as not being my favorite after starting the season.

If there's enough interest from legit players, I may consider it as an alternate to take charge of.

I am fine to have a non-NFL season next season if enough guys are not opposed to it. We usually have many consecutive official NFL roster seasons in row - we can take a break in between them on occasion. 

It can be college or fictional teams, NFL or fictional players, draft or no draft. We are open for suggestions. 

2 hours ago, tjspeaks said:

I am fine to have a non-NFL season next season if enough guys are not opposed to it. We usually have many consecutive official NFL roster seasons in row - we can take a break in between them on occasion. 

It can be college or fictional teams, NFL or fictional players, draft or no draft. We are open for suggestions. 

I made a Sharks team once (NHL) so I had Sharks players (obviously) and I tried to give them abilities as close to what they’d have in real life. We could do something like that? Like an NHL season or MLB or NBA or maybe like a Marvel season where all the teams have marvel characters or comic book season so you can mix marvel, DC, Spawn, Kick ___ etc or a Star Wars season? Just a thought.

34 minutes ago, aquickassasin said:

I know this isn't a likely league idea, but having a Fictional Draft Season with scouting would be really cool to have.

I have the tools to do that. I think that's the idea we're throwing around

1 hour ago, aquickassasin said:

I know this isn't a likely league idea, but having a Fictional Draft Season with scouting would be really cool to have.

Sounds good to me - always loved the draft seasons.

21 hours ago, aquickassasin said:

Like in April and your team is only college players in that years draft?

1 hour ago, NTQ03 said:

Like in April and your team is only college players in that years draft?

More along the lines of have the fictional player draft, but instead of being able to see their Tier and abilities you'd have to target players to scout to build your team.  With that you would only have so many scout points a day to spend on scouting leading up to the draft.  So when you go into the draft you have a rough idea of the player, but not 100% sure.

1 hour ago, aquickassasin said:

More along the lines of have the fictional player draft, but instead of being able to see their Tier and abilities you'd have to target players to scout to build your team.  With that you would only have so many scout points a day to spend on scouting leading up to the draft.  So when you go into the draft you have a rough idea of the player, but not 100% sure.

Hmmmmm

You got the creative juices started @aquickassasin...

1 hour ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Hmmmmm

You got the creative juices started @aquickassasin...

Just came to me through a combination of Destro suggesting the bringing back the draft league and watching some videos of people doing team rebuilds online with having to do draft scouting.  Along with that I've been messing around with the stats site trying to rewrite it, and trying to think about how that would work.

Let me see if I can explain it better, at least how I envision this crazy idea working.

There would be a random set of players set up based on Archetypes, eg. QB's could be Scrambler, Pocket Passer, Precision Passer, Big Arm, etc.  Then based on that Archetype they would would be randomly assigned Tiers and Abilities (The amount of abilities would also be random).  

After all that is setup there would be a draft board of the players that you could draft, and you would have a specified amount of scouting points that you could use to reveal the player.  1. Point would show their Tier, 2. The first ability, 3. the second ability, 4. the rest of their abilities.  

I know that this probably couldn't happen for a long while because of the complexities, but I also think that it could be interesting because you could end up drafting a perfect player/absolute bust either due to good scouting or sheer luck on a late round guess pick.  Adds that extra level of strategy to the league.  Though I could see how people wouldn't like the randomness/extra effort that this would likely take to get a team setup.

28 minutes ago, aquickassasin said:

Let me see if I can explain it better, at least how I envision this crazy idea working.

There would be a random set of players set up based on Archetypes, eg. QB's could be Scrambler, Pocket Passer, Precision Passer, Big Arm, etc.  Then based on that Archetype they would would be randomly assigned Tiers and Abilities (The amount of abilities would also be random).  

After all that is setup there would be a draft board of the players that you could draft, and you would have a specified amount of scouting points that you could use to reveal the player.  1. Point would show their Tier, 2. The first ability, 3. the second ability, 4. the rest of their abilities.  

I know that this probably couldn't happen for a long while because of the complexities, but I also think that it could be interesting because you could end up drafting a perfect player/absolute bust either due to good scouting or sheer luck on a late round guess pick.  Adds that extra level of strategy to the league.  Though I could see how people wouldn't like the randomness/extra effort that this would likely take to get a team setup.

The first part I've already developed(to the Tee). The points, however are more difficult to implement with the tools we have. But im thinking of ways to get something like this to work. 

54 minutes ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

The first part I've already developed(to the Tee). The points, however are more difficult to implement with the tools we have. But im thinking of ways to get something like this to work. 

I might be able to help with the second part of that, depending on how you generate the players.

2 hours ago, aquickassasin said:

I might be able to help with the second part of that, depending on how you generate the players.

Everything is strictly thru excel