SitnHereFlossin

CAG Season LVIII [NCAA] Bowl Week!

435 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, AllenJD4lifeProductions said:

Start thinking bout those power rankings they'll be due in a few weeks remember it will hold tiebreaker if no head to head applied . Unlike the the BCS the CCS will be a fair system.

1. Aren't we playing each team? As the number of players currently stands? In this scenario head - to head matchups would be the tiebreaker.
  2. How can anyone consider that a 'fair' system? 

It's no secret to anyway here, the disdain I have towards @dazzo47. The camel clutch he has on the Chicago Bears and his unwillingness to allow other diehard Bear fans to share them. Heck at least allow two teams to play with 'da Bears per season. There is no way on earth I would EVER rank his team over anyone else. 

Warm Regards,

The most diehard Bears fan on the planet!

Eddie Gauge

6 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:
  1. Aren't we playing each team? As the number of players currently stands? In this scenario head - to head matchups would be the tiebreaker.
  2. How can anyone consider that a 'fair' system? 

It's no secret to anyway here, the disdain I have towards @dazzo47. The camel clutch he has on the Chicago Bears and his unwillingness to allow other diehard Bear fans to share them. Heck at least allow two teams to play with 'da Bears per season. There is no way on earth I would EVER rank his team over anyone else. 

Warm Regards,

The most diehard Bears fan on the planet!

Eddie Gauge

Head to head does apply first but there could be a 3 way tie for a certain bowl game if 7 8 9 all ties and split ex at 1-7 one team would need to be left out . I'll be showing a trail run next week as soon as the season ends to demonstrate the process 

@AllenJD4lifeProductions & @tjspeaks

My thoughts of a power ranking system has waned for a while now so I will share my two cents. There has never been a need for it before so why is there a need for it now? Just like the NCAA it's all subjective and can be legitimately argued against. The NCAA has shown a history of showing favoritism towards teams/conferences. I could rank for example @tjspeaks #1 when someone else may have him as low as 4th. I'm not going to lie though ... I'd love to see where everyone ranks me. I'm just speaking in terms of need. It's never been needed before as the first tie breaker has always been head to head. Now if you're just mentioning this in terms of public interest that's another discussion. Oh and I forgot to mention that I can never seem to get a pass rush on you despite the fact that you particularly only have one lineman.

Since I'm at it I will publicly reveal my #1 pick. This is strictly in terms for difficult opponents vs me, not vs the league. @tjspeaks

Despite his abysmal record this season he continues to give me headaches. Everyone knows my offensive playbook consists of about 3 offensive sets and about 5 total plays that are run about 85% of the time. When my run game is limited it puts a strain on my offense to sustain drives, ultimately putting too much pressure on my defense to keep the game close. TJ has a knack of doing all of the above vs me season after season. The game often comes down to the last two minutes of the half and 4th quarter. Meanwhile his offense does just enough to keep the chains moving which irritates the heck out of me.  

Runner up ... @dazzo47

In no particular order I will reveal what individual opponents give me problems in particular areas ... 

@dazzo47 - Please do not take this in any fashion as a term of disrespect. But at one point in time I was confident that when I played you, it would result in a W. That is not the case anymore. Several seasons ago we played a regular season game and your first pass attempt was batted down. Following that attempt, no football hit the ground! Prior to this game I rarely called a play in which my secondary wasn't playing the sticks. These days I don't know if you're throwing a 3 yard pass to Gayle Sayers or throwing a home run ball to Curtis Conway. You have mixed up your offense so much it's hard to anticipate. I have watched a game this season you played vs @X2KFootballG0dX ... 3rd & 2 late in the 4th quarter and you had the lead, already in FG range. In the old days this would've been a dive up the A gap. You threw a intermediate pass to (I forget the receiver) for a touchdown! I even remember telling Run right after the play ... several seasons ago you wouldn't have even attempted that pass. Much respect to opening up your playbook sir. I think it's no coincidence that you have experienced more playoff success as of late. I could learn a thing or two from you by opening up my offensive playbook.

@Pcat Magoo

Best run game in the league. Your patience to stick with it in obvious passing situations in uncanny. I tend to sway towards run defense when you're passing and vice versa. Your offense gives me more problems than anyone else in CAG. & 2nd place isn't even close.

@X2KFootballG0dX

First & foremost thank you for making my teams every season. They are always done well ahead of time, and you are ALWAYS willing to make changes when I point out things I don't like. There have been times when I have asked you to make changes at least 5 times and you never bat an eye (that I know of LOL). 

Your arcade type defense, to this day I have no clue how you get it to work. People come out 4 wide and you have 3 linebackers on the field! Your anticipation on almost every play not just vs myself but others as well is unreal. There have been a number of times when I would call a play that I would otherwise never call, and you're still able to anticipate what I'm trying to do. Then when I ask you 'how', your answer is always the same ... 'I just know'. UGH   Sometimes I think you get a bad wrap with your arcade type style defense, but one think I can say that I admire most about your game is your ability to make IN GAME adjustments. Often times players get beat by a certain look or a certain play and it takes them a while to figure things out. I have seen you adjust on the fly and it's been a thing of beauty from a coordinator's view.

How your receivers all too often come down with the deep ball despite blanket coverage? It gives me fits knowing what's coming and still unable to stop it. 

X2KFootballG0dX likes this

@dazzo0007

Best KO return game in CAG. I remember a playoff game in which I had the lead at halftime. @sanantoniocorky told me ... no matter what do not kick the ball off to you. Just settle for kicking it out of bounds or squib kick it. I didn't want to give up the field position so I kicked the ball deep ... touchdown. The only score of the 2nd half and I lost. I was heartbroken. When you're fortunate enough to limit his kickoff return, he will nickel and dimes you all the way down field. Before you know it there is only 3 minutes left in the first half and I haven't had the ball yet. When his receivers aren't open his qb is running down field. I witnessed a game vs @HeavyHitter55 in which it was 3rd and 20. His QB ran up the sidelines 20 & 1/8 yards for the first down. Play of the game!

On defense you have to be aware of him blitzing on 3rd down. Recently his dad started doing it vs me too. I tend to get sacked during key moments of the game.

dazzo0007 likes this

@deeoutdat7

How his name isn't on 'the wall' yet ... I have no idea. He always seems to get constant pressure on my qb throughout the game. To me, his offense I would describe as Run n Shoot with a bit more patience. I will be curious to see how he fairs in the playoffs this season. Michael Vick is a matchup nightmare!

@HeavyHitter55

The screen king. If it's not a screen it's the tight end running a seem route. Run game torches you by would be tacklers mack trucked with would be 3 yard runs turning into 6 yard runs. Mentally defeated by his lack of CAG trophies, yet on the cusp of doing so IMO if he sticks with it. Our games are always close.

@aquickassasin

Just a tip .... man to man defense is great in certain situations, but a heart breaker in others. There was a game you played vs @HeavyHitter55 a few seasons ago in which your defense was trying to win the game for you, but you wouldn't let 'em. IMO if you would've cheated your db's closer to the line of scrimmage, a turnover was eminent. But you didn't put your trust in them and he came from behind in the 4th to win it.I love your offense. You call a variety of plays I don't have the guts to attempt to execute.

@AllenJD4lifeProductions

This season vs me was the first time I ever seen you have more of a variety in your offensive set than me. That game could've went either way. In season's past it was a toss to the weak side or a post to the X receiver, and sometimes the U. I like what I'm seeing. Keep grinding

2 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

Oh and I forgot to mention that I can never seem to get a pass rush on you despite the fact that you particularly only have one lineman.

quick decisions + quick passes = few sacks

1 hour ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@AllenJD4lifeProductions

This season vs me was the first time I ever seen you have more of a variety in your offensive set than me. That game could've went either way. In season's past it was a toss to the weak side or a post to the X receiver, and sometimes the U. I like what I'm seeing. Keep grinding

This season #chopon  @tjspeaks I couldn't  with without a silver hb due to my playstyle in my pregame test. I was able to figure out his offense in the 3rd but dropped ints. I wasn't going to pull all strings due to the importance of the game just for 6th place in pregame . If we are in this situation this season I believe it will be different.  That's why I see the bowl games as a good thing.

@SitnHereFlossin great stuff! You are always a headache on both sides of the ball (even though you mock your offense). It is an honor to share this hobby with people like you. Thanks for caring about the league.  It's been a fun journey - I still love these games.

SitnHereFlossin likes this

@SitnHereFlossin I also spent a year away from Xbox to dreamcast to discover what got yal so good and make it more of an even playing ground. I've noticed apf 2k8 is a NFL 2k5 is a new Xbox 360 port Example .( It's how 2k does with last gen nba 2k18. It's a port of NBA 2K14 a very messed up one). You have proof of this with the Pbp announcer calling the liberty the lions on plays and with NFL team names in the system.  I've been so disappointed in 2k sports with nba 2k18 in last gen. I bought nba 2k6 just to have a smooth basketball game. I'm so thinking bought making a video ranting bout it. But it's just ready to upgrade. But I want a system with a football game worth playing that's why I haven't bought a one or ps4 

After my teenage years I haven’t touched a game console until the 360 was released. I bought 2K8 but it sat in my closet for over a year. One day while I was bored I decided to play it and fell in love with it. I only wish I would’ve joined @tjspeaks league sooner. He kept asking me and I kept telling him no. Perhaps I would’ve had a few more trophies by now smh.