SitnHereFlossin

Potential Fantasy Season

78 posts in this topic

Brothers,

For the next fantasy season I propose that we play with collegiate teams. That said, I would prefer that we stick with the traditional number of gold, silver, and bronze players. Thoughts? 

@tjspeakscan chime in but I suggest posting a poll to vote similar to how we decided on the lone star season.

As another option I propose a repeat of a champions season.

In that case how about we allow everyone state their case as to what they would prefer, rather than a vote on a few options? I haven't always been a fan of either of the choices offered up.

We could just have a running list and just have the seasons come as they're listed.

I will say that if a season is proposed by someone, everything should be well thought out in advance instead of a generic idea and then left to someone else to determine. I'm sure @tjspeaks would be willing to give some insights, as would I, but there's a substantial amount of effort and thought given to these custom seasons.

@SitnHereFlossin Sure. College teams it is for next season. Please post details: any NCAA teams? roster details (current ncaa rosters or former NFL players from that team)? We like to have a little different take than the standard 20 CAP rosters than we do all NFL seasons. So provide some details and guys can chime in. Thanks

SitnHereFlossin likes this

4 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

Hence me starting this discussion today

I know, I'm just saying that needs to be accountability to these ideas instead of TJ and/or I getting blamed when we implemented the idea wrong (not saying that's what you're doing, just making a statement).

The goal is for the fantasy seasons to be different and fun. We will have plenty of fantasy season now and in the future so anyone with a good idea will see their ideas played out in a season and playoff series! I always enjoy these seasons.  

1 minute ago, tjspeaks said:

@SitnHereFlossin Sure. College teams it is for next season. Please post details: any NCAA teams? roster details (current ncaa rosters or former NFL players from that team)? We like to have a little different take than the standard 20 CAP rosters than we do all NFL seasons. So provide some details and guys can chime in. Thanks

I'm not a big college football fan, so current or former teams is fine with me. As for the 20 cap teams, I understand where you're coming from. My thing is for example, I like to gamble on defense and avoid calling traditional defenses a lot of the time. It worked a lot vs @dazzo47 until several seasons back when he shredded my defense with only one incomplete pass. He has been a thorn in my side and hasn't looked back. This coming season is going to throw that defensive philosophy out the window vs teams with gold wide receivers. Anywhere on the field outside of 35+ yards my db's are going to be bailing the moment the ball is hiked vs gold wide receivers with speed burner. @X2KFootballG0dX is going to be salivating. Hopefully tailbacks won't make a habit out of barreling over two would be tacklers, making my defense look silly.

All that said, it is what it is & I'll have to make adjustments.

I think this season will be interesting. A team with a gold WR will have a bronze QB throwing to him (and we can double/triple team the one WR if desired). Yea, the challenge will be will stopping gold HBs - but a couple LBs with HHT should hinder him enough during a game I would think. The current season was a challenge (you did better than most). Next season is a different challenge. If you can't stop 'em - outscore 'em. I love fantasy seasons. No matter what the teambuilds - CAG NFL teams are equal as far as salary CAP.  

10 minutes ago, tjspeaks said:

I think this season will be interesting. A team with a gold WR will have a bronze QB throwing to him (and we can double/triple team the one WR if desired). Yea, the challenge will be will stopping gold HBs - but a couple LBs with HHT should hinder him enough during a game I would think. The current season was a challenge (you did better than most). Next season is a different challenge. If you can't stop 'em - outscore 'em. I love fantasy seasons. No matter what the teambuilds - CAG NFL teams are equal as far as salary CAP.  

I had that exact same thought this season.  I think I was playing @SitnHereFlossin when my run game was held in check because of defenders with HHT - this is a perfect counter to Gold HBs with Branching Tackles.  I thought I was in trouble for the remainder of the season because of how HHT was being forced on defenders.  However, as @SitnHereFlossin suggested - you need to adjust - which I did over the course of the season, and it's aided in my success.

The greatest challenge in every game for me is myself.  Sometimes I just psych myself out so much that I never get into a groove and I'm out of my zone all game long.

@tjspeaks

I am more than willing to meet in the middle. How about this rough draft:

• Last season's NCAA teams
  • 2 golds, 4 silvers, all else bronze/copper
    • This is with the premise that collegiate teams generally don't have many NFL ready prospects
      • Unless their Alabama/Ohio State, etc
  • Top 4 teams advance to the NCAA championships - or whatever the heck they call it
    • Playoff scenerio up for debate

Point system up for discussion. However rather than requiring X amount of players have 2/3/4 abilities, instead just mandate we aren't allowed to spend more than X.

tjspeaks likes this

@tjspeaks hopefully we will have an even amount of teams where everyone will receive at least a bowl game. What would be fun is for we have a neutral field setting for each bowl game. All you would have to do is have the home teams switched to that stadium.

tjspeaks likes this

Attentoon ALL CAG NFL MEMBERS 

College Season up for vote proposal 

*2017 Favorite College Team 

Too 4 teams would enter as 1-4 and play in college football playoff  (if odd # of teams #5/#4 would play in a bowl game to determine the top 4 seeds) ( that way all teams are guaranteed at least 1 bowl game)

All bowls will be on a neutral site that can be changed on the home team feature

*College football All time teams 

Favorite players past or present 

Same Bowl set up

*HBC Season 

All players must be black skin tone

Choose favourite black players 

Bowl game proposal 

Vote 1 2 or 3  majority wins 

All players set up tbt 

BOWL names  WOULD BE DETERMINED BY A LEAGUE VOTE as well EXCEPT THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WHERE IT WOULD BE PLAYED A STADIUM CHODEN BY @tjspeaks resembling hq Baltimore Maryland 

Feedback is important 

This proposal was combined by ideas of @SitnHereFlossin and @tjspeaks and me gathered the past 2 weeks

BOWL GAME WHERE everyone is guaranteed 1 bowl each even with odd # of teams 

Going with the 9 teams we have this season

*  the odd bowl proposal where everyone would be guaranteed a bowl is as follows would be top 3 seeds would be guaranteed a place in the championship series #5/#4 seeds would play in a bowl game with the winner advancing to play the #1 seed in the championship series 

That would leave the #7 vs #6 finishers and #9 vs #8 with a consolation minor bowl 

*Even up to 10 team  would be top 4 seeds to championship series and the others would have 1 consolation bowl each 4 vs 1 and 3 vs 2 winners facing each other for the title

Consolation bowls would be 6 vs 5 8 vs 7 10 vs 9

@SitnHereFlossin proposed college season, 2 golds, 4 silvers, all else bronze/copper , 4 team playoff system and flexible point system (spent you points wherever you want).  I am sure @HeavyHitter55 can produce a spreadsheet with max of x points.

cfp.png

> Allen is proposing other Bowl games besides the College Football Playoffs and a vote on one of these three:

(1)  2017 favorite college team

(2) All time teams

(3) HBCU schools

Please post any comments and VOTE below