tjspeaks

CAG NFL LVI : CHAMPIONSHIP!

373 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, dazzo0007 said:

3rd down from the 9, with 6 seconds left, a roughing the passer penalty on an incomplete pass (could have called PI, too) gave the Crushers new life.  

Gg @dazzo0007. I'm really sorry but that was NOT roughing the passer. He was never touched between when he released the throw and when the ball was intercepted.

I hope you don't take this as a sign of disrespect.

@dazzo0007 @HeavyHitter55

That was one of the most intense playoff games that I have witnessed. @HeavyHitter55 was one defensive play away from winning this game in the 4th quarter a number of times. But the 76 time CAG bowl champion kept finding a way to keep the chains moving. His offensive is about as anemic as mine, but he found a way to get it done. But I have to give HH his credit though. He remained aggressive on defense ALL GAME LONG. He put Daz in positions that made him uncomfortable time and time again. 

I can't recall if it was 3rd or 4th and goal in the 4th qtr with :02 left when HH intercepted the pass, that was called back by a terrible roughing the passer call, erasing the would be game winning play. In OT it's 3rd and 20 and Daz made the gutsiest play call of the game. His qb scrambles down the sideline and just BARELY makes the 1st down. The hearts of the Philadelphia fans were crushed. Daz I gotta give it to you ... that took guts! After a heart wrenching play like that it was only a matter of time before the final nail strikes the coffin.

GG gentlemen. Hold your head up high @HeavyHitter55, we all been there. @dazzo0007, way to remain calm when you had to be! & to think how close we were to having a father vs son bowl!

3 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@dazzo0007 @HeavyHitter55

That was one of the most intense playoff games that I have witnessed. @HeavyHitter55 was one defensive play away from winning this game in the 4th quarter a number of times. But the 76 time CAG bowl champion kept finding a way to keep the chains moving. His offensive is about as anemic as mine, but he found a way to get it done. But I have to give HH his credit though. He remained aggressive on defense ALL GAME LONG. He put Daz in positions that made him uncomfortable time and time again. 

I can't recall if it was 3rd or 4th and goal in the 4th qtr with :02 left when HH intercepted the pass, that was called back by a terrible roughing the passer call, erasing the would be game winning play. In OT it's 3rd and 20 and Daz made the gutsiest play call of the game. His qb scrambles down the sideline and just BARELY makes the 1st down. The hearts of the Philadelphia fans were crushed. Daz I gotta give it to you ... that took guts! After a heart wrenching play like that it was only a matter of time before the final nail strikes the coffin.

GG gentlemen. Hold your head up high @HeavyHitter55, we all been there. @dazzo0007, way to remain calm when you had to be! & to think how close we were to having a father vs son bowl!

To say I'm upset by this loss is the understatement of the decade. This only confirms that I need to step away to recharge after the current season. 

6 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

...that was called back by a terrible roughing the passer call, erasing the would be game winning play.

Thanks for the kind words.  Glad you were able to catch the game.  While the roughing the passer call could be considered questionable, I thought PI could have just as easily been called.  But as is true with the NFL, sometimes referees make bad calls.  

All in all though, it was a great game that proves why playing in CAG is so fun.  

SitnHereFlossin likes this

Corpus Christi Nightmare secure the Dazzo47 trophy with a hard fought game full of errors between me and coach dazo0007.

The score does not tell the story of this game at all.  Drops picks and drop passes tell the story of this game.

final 

21-6

CC                        KC

Passing                91                        144

Rushing                33                          34

Total                   125                       177

TO                         2                            2

Qbr                      57.6                      42.8

GG Dazo0007!!!!!!! Tough as always sir

Sorry about the stream guys.  I don't what was going on and couldn't attempt to fix it in game without rebooting or disconnecting from the internet.

dazzo0007 and SitnHereFlossin like this

Well played, R&S!  It was a mess of a game for sure but still fun. 

The 3 penalties for 38 yards really hurt. Especially with 2:00 min left in half, you were up 7-3 and I was driving. 1st and 34 is darn near impossible! Lol

There lots of dropped passes on both sides, including dropped picks that could have been huge.  

Your D played well on 3rd down, too. 1 of 6 won’t get the job done. 

GG, congrats on another dazzo trophy!