tjspeaks

CAG NFL LV: week #6

249 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

WEEK 6 - JACKSONVILLE @ MINNESOTA 

In a shoot-out the Vikings needed their home fans to keep their spirits up. At one point the Vikings were up 17 -7. But for the second consecutive contest their opponent came storming back. With two minutes remaining the Vikings found themselves down 17 - 21, as our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. The offense bailed them out with a drive Tom Brady would've been proud of. The drive was capped with a touchdown pass with :46 seconds left on the clock. For once we had a vertical passing game a la @X2KFootballG0dX, and it felt good not to have the stress of a 12 play drive. But the defense still had a job to do. Just beyond mid-field and driving, pro bowl corner Xavier Rhodes was mobbed by his teammates as he sealed the win with an interception around the 30 yard line. Final score 24 - 21 GG @deeoutdat7, you had me on the ropes!

POG - The fans for keeping us motivated after getting down

Game balls:

Xavier Rhodes - 3 solo tackles, 1 pass defense, 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery returned 25 yards

Anthony Barr - 6 tackles (1 assist), 1 TFL, 1 INT

Erik Kendricks - 2 tackles (2 assists), 1 FF

Teddy Bridgewater - 12 for 171 for 166 yards & 2 TD's

Dalvin Cook - 88 APY (3 TDs)

TOTAL YARDS   RUSHING   PASSING   QB RATIO   FORCED TURNOVERS

VIKINGS

250                  58             166        121.2            3

JAGUARS

271                  22             271        84.0              0

image.jpg

Hopefully that is the Super Bowl matchup and hopefully the game is that entertaining.

SitnHereFlossin likes this

3 minutes ago, LynnRamos said:

Hopefully that is the Super Bowl matchup and hopefully the game is that entertaining.

BOO

Fly Eagles Fly

2 hours ago, LynnRamos said:

@LynnRamos

While I respect Tom Brady, I don't like him. And I can't believe I am typing this, but I am a low key fan of the Vikings defense. I love their aggressive play style, rather than being a read and react defense. Jacksonville isn't as aggressive on defense, but they have more playmakers so they don't have to be. Despite popular belief, I love low scoring defensive battles. I take nothing away from the Eagles, as their front seven is awesome! Anyone but New England in the SB would make me happy.

37 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@LynnRamos

While I respect Tom Brady, I don't like him. And I can't believe I am typing this, but I am a low key fan of the Vikings defense. I love their aggressive play style, rather than being a read and react defense. Jacksonville isn't as aggressive on defense, but they have more playmakers so they don't have to be. Despite popular belief, I love low scoring defensive battles. I take nothing away from the Eagles, as their front seven is awesome! Anyone but New England in the SB would make me happy.

While I'm not going to the game, I'm rigging my basement specifically for this game (seeing that I'll wake the children from all the screaming). I plan to lose my voice...

dazzo0007 likes this