tjspeaks

CAG NFL LV: week #6

249 posts in this topic

CAG brothers,

I need advice: 

Here's my predicament: 

Eagles are no.1 seed in playoffs (last time this happened was 2004 - 14 years ago); tix are affordable; I have a snow storm coming my way (est 18" overnight tonight); I have permission to go with 4YO from the wife.

Should I go?!

6 minutes ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

CAG brothers,

I need advice: 

Here's my predicament: 

Eagles are no.1 seed in playoffs (last time this happened was 2004 - 14 years ago); tix are affordable; I have a snow storm coming my way (est 18" overnight tonight); I have permission to go with 4YO from the wife.

Should I go?!

You have got to be kidding me?! This is a joke right? Let 'da Bears make the playoffs as a #1 seed. I don't care if it's so cold outside that the cameras stop working. I don't care if there is 30 inches of snow. Leave home early! I'm flying back to Chicago to attend EVERY PLAYOFF GAME that their hosting. I remember when 'da Bears played the Eagles in the playoffs back in Lovie's hey day. It wasn't freezing cold, but it was cold. I was right out there with 'em. Bear Down!

dazzo0007 and HeavyHitter55 like this

WEEK 5 VIKINGS @ RAVENS

The Vikings up & down season continues. Up 7 - 6 at halftime the Vikings co players of the game, SS Andrew Sendejo and Will backer Anthony Barr would force a fumble and collect the recovery to give the ball back to their offense. The offense didn't disappoint and scored a TD. Pro bowl corner Xavier Rhodes moments later intercepted a pass that led to a field goal and the Vikings were suddenly in possession of a commanding lead. 

But just like that the tide would turn, the Ravens capitalized via a touchdown thru the air and a successful 2 point conversion. Thankfully the ensuing onsides kick, which bounced around forever was recovered by the visiting team and the Vikings escaped with a 17 - 14 win. GG @tjspeaks

TOTAL YARDS   RUSHING   PASSING   QB RATIO   FORCED TURNOVERS

MINNESOTA

173                41               132           137.1         2

BALTIMORE

241               16               225           100.8         0

900099074.jpg

tjspeaks likes this

Just now, SitnHereFlossin said:

@HeavyHitter55

The personal foul penalty on McCloud that cost Philly a touchdown. Bad call! I understand what the NFL is trying to do, but they need to take intent into the equation. Both players are bending down. What is he supposed to do?

100% correct.  This is a game that's played 100 mph.  The NFL and Goodell is trying to create beautiful sushi with a ban-saw...

WEEK 6 - JACKSONVILLE @ MINNESOTA 

In a shoot-out the Vikings needed their home fans to keep their spirits up. At the start of the 4th the Vikings were up 17 - 7. But for the second consecutive contest their opponent came storming back. With two minutes remaining the Vikings found themselves down 17 - 21, as our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. The offense bailed them out with a drive Tom Brady would've been proud of. The drive was capped with a touchdown pass with :46 seconds left on the clock. For once we had a vertical passing game a la @X2KFootballG0dX, and it felt good not to have the stress of a 12 play drive. But the defense still had a job to do. Just beyond mid-field and driving, pro bowl corner Xavier Rhodes was mobbed by his teammates as he sealed the win with an interception around the 30 yard line. Final score 24 - 21 GG @deeoutdat7, you had me on the ropes!

POG - The fans for keeping us motivated after getting down

Game balls:

Xavier Rhodes - 3 solo tackles, 1 pass defense, 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery returned 25 yards

Anthony Barr - 6 tackles (1 assist), 1 TFL, 1 INT

Erik Kendricks - 2 tackles (2 assists), 1 FF

Teddy Bridgewater - 12 for 17 for 166 yards & 2 TD's

Dalvin Cook - 88 APY (3 TDs)

TOTAL YARDS   RUSHING   PASSING   QB RATIO   FORCED TURNOVERS

VIKINGS

250                  58             166        121.2            3

JAGUARS

271                  22             271        84.0              0

image.jpg