tjspeaks

CAG NFL LV CHAMPIONSHIP

433 posts in this topic

Gritty.

Determined.

Resilient.

Those are the only words emphasized in the post-game interview with coach HeavyHitter55 as the Eagles (SOMEHOW) come away with a win in Lambeau Field against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.  This was definitely a defensive slugfest.  The Packers front 7 vowed to stop the run and force the Eagles to beat them by any other means.  Those means were defense - as the Eagles were able to force an uncharacteristic game out of Aaron Rodgers making him run for his life.  This caused three interceptions, one of which a pick 6 as Malcolm Jenkins came up with a CLUTCH pick in the 4th quarter putting the Eagles up 16-7.  CB Ronald Darby was able to seal the game by reading Rodgers' eyes as he broke off of his zone and came up with the final interception.

POG: Kicker Jake Elliott who accounted for 13 of Philly's 19 points with 4 FGs and 1 PAT.  It's worth noting that Elliott tallied three FGs from 50+ yards with his longest being a 55 yarder to put the Eagles on the board.  In his post-game interview, Elliott said that the first kick set up the rest of the game for him - putting him in the zone.

Honorable mention: Philadelphia defense - 3 turnovers and countless pressures against the great Aaron Rodgers - causing at least 3 passes thrown away and another handful of inaccurate throws creating 2 of those 3 interceptions.

Stats (PHI-GB):

TY: 178-209

PY: 160-190

RY: 18-19

TO: 1-3

QBR: 79.8-91.0

Another great game @dazzo0007!  "Better to be lucky than good" pretty sums up this win for me.

dazzo0007 likes this

20 minutes ago, aquickassasin said:

@HeavyHitter55 , @SitnHereFlossin , @NCAANFLCOACHTY Sorry for the delay in replying to your guys' message.  I'll be free from the First to the Fifth to play our games.  Let me know what works for you guys.

No problem @aquickassasin - life.

Let's shoot for Monday at 8:30pm ET?  LMK

aquickassasin likes this

@Pcat Magoo is like Brett Favre.

"I'm retiring"

Just kidding.

"I'm really retiring"

Gotcha! 

"Okay for real this time, I'm calling it"

........Still waiting for him to change his mind........

19 minutes ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

@Pcat Magoo is like Brett Favre.

"I'm retiring"

Just kidding.

"I'm really retiring"

Gotcha! 

"Okay for real this time, I'm calling it"

........Still waiting for him to change his mind........

haha... good one! You guys know I always come back after hunting season. My youtube channel, my hunting, my teaching, and my work with my sister's renovation company just don't allow me to include a single other item to deal with.  

tjspeaks likes this

Raiders survive the tough Steelers after getting run over in the first half

27-14

POG QB Derek Carr 13-15 288 yds 4 TDs 0 Picks

Oak                              Pit

Passing               288                             138

Rushing               57                                77

Total                  345                              215

TO                       0                                  2

Qbr                    158.3                            84.9

GG Ramos!!!! Gl the rest of the way

LynnRamos likes this

CHI......7...7...0...0......14

MIN......0...0...3...6........9

Bears hold off the Vikings in a nail biter. POG QB Mitch Trubisky 12/14,1 td, 0 ints. Honorable mention the Bear secondary with 3 passes defended helping DT Eddie Goldman get 2 coverage sacks. 

STAT.......CHI.......MIN

TY...........208.......308

PY...........160.......270

RY.............48.........38

TO..............0...........0

PR..........138.1.....130.1

Great game @SitnHereFlossin!

22 hours ago, NCAANFLCOACHTY said:

@aquickassasin are you available to play tonight? 8pm?

Since I wasn't able to respond yesterday.  Normally during my work shift, I have a hard time scheduling games since I only have an hour or so of free time a day to get things done.  Like I said above I'm available starting Monday (but heavyhitter already got that day) thru Friday with a pretty open schedule.  LMK

NCAANFLCOACHTY likes this

1 minute ago, aquickassasin said:

Since I wasn't able to respond yesterday.  Normally during my work shift, I have a hard time scheduling games since I only have an hour or so of free time a day to get things done.  Like I said above I'm available starting Monday (but heavyhitter already got that day) thru Friday with a pretty open schedule.  LMK

I'll take Tuesday evening sir

21 minutes ago, aquickassasin said:

Actually, something came up last minute @aquickassasin and I'm going to have to reschedule. Since Tuesday is taken, can we shoot for Thursday same time?