Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mecha-Stalin

Star Trek Discovery: Met low expectations

3 posts in this topic

I don't know about anyone else here, but star trek discovery met my low expectations of the series. The previous star trek shows felt natural and were produced by people who really seemed to care for the show. Discovery really feels like people with no interest in scifi or geek culture trying to profit off it. It felt off, the cast don't really fit well within the ship, the whole attitude felt awkward to me while watching it. Was anyone else as disappointed as I was?

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:16 PM, Mecha-Stalin said:

I don't know about anyone else here, but star trek discovery met my low expectations of the series. The previous star trek shows felt natural and were produced by people who really seemed to care for the show. Discovery really feels like people with no interest in scifi or geek culture trying to profit off it. It felt off, the cast don't really fit well within the ship, the whole attitude felt awkward to me while watching it. Was anyone else as disappointed as I was?

I'm completely on the other side of the spectrum!

I enjoy what I saw of it, but didn't get to finish the show because DirectTV's DVR isn't smart enough to time shift due to major league sports running late (I miss Cable!)

That said, I'm not big enough of a Trek fan to PAY to watch the rest of the season so I guess I'll never know what happens...

i mean, i didn't HATE it but I didn't LOVE it either, and as Shawn said, its ridiculous how hard it is just to be able to watch it. It's hardly user friendly.