tjspeaks

CAG NFL LII CHAMPIONSHIP!

369 posts in this topic

*sighs* Repeat after me. "Never play man ever.  Never play man ever.  Never play man ever. NEVER PLAY MAN EVER!!!"  Smh.  I was playing a more aggressive style defense.  Tried something new by manually controlling the FS and it worked most of the time, but I did get burnt twice.  But to make a mistake by playing man and allowed a slow HB to run up the field and score...I had to walk away.  Good game...no, it was a great game.  Time to move on to the next opponent.

@Lord Destro

When you got the pick 6 late in the 4th I shouted. My wife was asking me what's wrong LOL. I was watching the game on the TV. Pre-snap I said if @Pcat Magoo throws it short and left Destro will be dancing in the end zone. You took the lead and his fate seemed to be sealed. Then when I saw you line up in man coverage and he audibled, I said to myself if he's audibling to a run, with your defensive alignment, it's going to be a race to the end zone. GG goes out to both of you.

Lord Destro likes this

1 hour ago, Lord Destro said:

*sighs* Repeat after me. "Never play man ever.  Never play man ever.  Never play man ever. NEVER PLAY MAN EVER!!!"  Smh.  I was playing a more aggressive style defense.  Tried something new by manually controlling the FS and it worked most of the time, but I did get burnt twice.  But to make a mistake by playing man and allowed a slow HB to run up the field and score...I had to walk away.  Good game...no, it was a great game.  Time to move on to the next opponent.

Man works. You just have to know the deficiencies vs specific groupings and try to mitigate the damage...

HeavyHitter55 likes this

2 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

I'm jealous how everyone in CAG except me is able to move the ball offensively. I feel accomplished getting a first down.

Open up the playbook, Eddie.

Challenge yourself by removing your go to plays from your playbook to force yourself to expand your playstyle.

SitnHereFlossin likes this

33 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@Lord Destro How did you get you DB to raise the ball over his head on the pick 6 just before he walked into the end zone? That was sweet!

When on a breakaway towards the endzone, around the 10 yards line, stop pressing up on the analog stick and type player will start showboating. Be careful not to get ran down by the defense!

@MightyRx

I know! I hear it all the time! @X2KFootballG0dX lambasts me all the time about this. I scrimmage vs him more than anyone else. When I do the ball is ALWAYS flying downfield. But when the bright lights are on (real games) I crawl back into my shell. One day, the luke warm water running through my veins may get colder. I doubt it will ever form to ice, like Run n Shoot possesses though. 

Anytime you're within ten yards of the end zone and you let off on the control stick, it'll do that. I wanted to run some time off the clock, but when the player started showboating, I took control of him again and scored. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Destro said:

Anytime you're within ten yards of the end zone and you let off on the control stick, it'll do that. I wanted to run some time off the clock, but when the player started showboating, I took control of him again and scored. 

I didn't mind that little celebration.  I think there's a time and a place to show some emotion. If not on that pick 6, then when?  

2 hours ago, Lord Destro said:

Speaking of, what's the verdict on showboating?

When's it acceptable to do so?

59 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

Speaking of, what's the verdict on showboating?

When's it acceptable to do so?

I don't think its acceptable at all.

10 minutes ago, Lord Destro said:

I don't think its acceptable at all.

Yea, we determined years ago that we would not do it (showboat) in the CAG NFL.

We do not intentionally run up the score (understanding that a 2 score lead is not safe).

If we are winning at the end of the game and pick off a pass - we do not run it in for the score.

etc. etc. Just part of being a respect-first league. 

23 minutes ago, aquickassasin said:

Want to shoot for Tuesday at 830 pm est(I'm assuming?)

Yes ET. Sounds good!