SitnHereFlossin

The CAG Show: Episode #6 - Airing Thurs. 12.21.17 at 8:30 est... NCAANFLCoachTY, welcome to the big leagues!

77 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2017 at 10:32 PM, SitnHereFlossin said:

@MightyRx @HeavyHitter55

Thanks goes out to MightyRX for filling the shoes of @Pcat Magoo. No one can fill his shoes IMO, but you made out to be a fine replacement. Thank you HeavyHitter for coming on as our guest tonight. 

@tjspeaks

A few questions arose tonight about the rules that the group would like for you to revise/reconsider:

1. LATE HITS - MightyRX personally considers it a travesty that all penalties of the game aren't enforced. In his words, we can't control holding penalties that often come at crucial times of the game. Late hits, whether blatant or not should be enforced.
  2. REPLAYS - Destro & I would like to see them either eliminated or restricted. I can't speak for him but for me it messes up the flow of the game. Opponents also use it to determine what happened on certain plays so they can possibly make adjustments.
  3. Linebackers - @Lord Destro would like for pass rushing defensive ends to be subbed in a DE. I think this is already accepted as long as they have a pass rushing ability. 

Here's my $0.02 on number 1 above: I agree that it's a grey area of the word 'blatant' as its written in the rules. If a late hit is called, check the replay before accepting/decling and if the player who the late hit is called against is already in a (diving) animation before the ball carrier is ruled down, then decline. Otherwise accept. This provides a clear and tangible definition instead of having the word 'blatant'  be up for interpretation by the individual(s).

I've seen this situation happen both in league games and even against the computer, so I understand the sensitivity that is programmed in the game, thus leading to the rule. But I agree - penalties are part of the game. And yes, some will say that the sensitivity "isn't that bad but that's as helpful as having the rule the way its currently written - 'blatant. Up for variable interpretation by the individual. 

To add to that, it stops the clock which could help save a timeout that you don't necessarily want to burn. I have seen some get a late hit penalty called on them have it declined, realize the advantage it created by stopping the clock without them having to burn a time out, go on and graciously call a time out (thanks @Pcat Magoo). I've also had others not call a timeout in that situation. 

17 minutes ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Here's my $0.02 on number 1 above: I agree that it's a grey area of the word 'blatant' as its written in the rules. If a late hit is called, check the replay before accepting/decling and if the player who the late hit is called against is already in a (diving) animation before the ball carrier is ruled down, then decline. Otherwise accept. This provides a clear and tangible definition instead of having the word 'blatant'  be up for interpretation by the individual(s).

I've seen this situation happen both in league games and even against the computer, so I understand the sensitivity that is programmed in the game, thus leading to the rule. But I agree - penalties are part of the game. And yes, some will say that the sensitivity "isn't that bad but that's as helpful as having the rule the way its currently written - 'blatant. Up for variable interpretation by the individual. 

@HeavyHitter55 I hear what you're saying but IMO that's going to open up another 'grey area' can of worms. Both parties may see it differently. Besides, just like the NFL does with these fines for hitting above the shoulder pad (man I hate that rule), looking at slowed down replays to make a determination on what a player's intent is. I say we either continue to decline all of them like we currently are, or we accept them per @MightyRx's suggestion. 

3 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@HeavyHitter55 I hear what you're saying but IMO that's going to open up another 'grey area' can of worms. Both parties may see it differently. Besides, just like the NFL does with these fines for hitting above the shoulder pad (man I hate that rule), looking at slowed down replays to make a determination on what a player's intent is. I say we either continue to decline all of them like we currently are, or we accept them per @MightyRx's suggestion. 

True - when in doubt, follow the K.I.S.S. rule.  All or nothing I suppose.

1. Late hits: It's a terrible glitch in the system and that's why its different than holding. I think current rule should stand.

2. Replays, there's not a single player in this league who abuses replays. I'd be against some rule about limitations on them. Replays are very enjoyable to watch at times. They can be abused but it just doesn't happen in this league.

dazzo47 likes this

On 7/9/2017 at 1:11 PM, tjspeaks said:

Great show men! @SitnHereFlossin@MightyRx@HeavyHitter55

A few other rules were discussed please list all the ones you want voted on (or is it just the 3 you mentioned?).

Per @MightyRx question:

Currently, we CAN make our ILBs as a OLB (and sub him in at ILB). We CANNOT make a FB as a HB (and sub him in as FB).

Honestly I don't remember them all. If @HeavyHitter55, @MightyRx, or yourself would like to chime in to include the others feel free. I literally walked in the door and started the stream without the chance to exhale so I wasn't fully prepared.

13 hours ago, Pcat Magoo said:

1. Late hits: It's a terrible glitch in the system and that's why its different than holding. I think current rule should stand.

2. Replays, there's not a single player in this league who abuses replays. I'd be against some rule about limitations on them. Replays are very enjoyable to watch at times. They can be abused but it just doesn't happen in this league.

@Pcat Magoo we are of the same Christian faith, so I am going to reserve from 'going in' on you LOL. Question friend ... how are late hits, which from most of what I have seen are created by the user a "glitch of the system?" As a former DB, I CANNOT STAND how the referee/media judge late hits by viewing frame by frame replays. It needs to be done in real time, often critiquing the players character in the process. All that said, I never thought much not accepting late hit penalties until @MightyRx mentioned it last week on the show. 

As far as replays go, everyone will have their own opinion. A few times a game may not bother you, but may irk someone else. Do I consider the amount of replays viewed as abusive? No. It just bothers me. Why do I need to sit there are watch someone replay their offensive lineman blowing an assignment? Or a guy in the backfield watching the football whiz by him without reacting to it? Of course it's frustrating. But I don't have to relive the moment.

12 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@Pcat Magoo we are of the same Christian faith, so I am going to reserve from 'going in' on you LOL. Question friend ... how are late hits, which from most of what I have seen are created by the user a "glitch of the system?" As a former DB, I CANNOT STAND how the referee/media judge late hits by viewing frame by frame replays. It needs to be done in real time, often critiquing the players character in the process. All that said, I never thought much not accepting late hit penalties until @MightyRx mentioned it last week on the show. 

As far as replays go, everyone will have their own opinion. A few times a game may not bother you, but may irk someone else. Do I consider the amount of replays viewed as abusive? No. It just bothers me. Why do I need to sit there are watch someone replay their offensive lineman blowing an assignment? Or a guy in the backfield watching the football whiz by him without reacting to it? Of course it's frustrating. But I don't have to relive the moment.

I'm trying to remember the history of why accepting late hits were originally banned way back when.  As much as I remember the reason was when going for a tackle you sometimes hit the X button for the tackle as the guy is falling down, which results in a late hit being called.  It was seen as since it was unintentional on the users part that it would be a better idea for them to just be declined.  I think a lot of the late hits that happen in game are because of this, and I've never really questioned it apart from possibly swinging momentum in a game.  To play devil's advocate, I would say a majority of late hits in an actual NFL game are also unintentional but are still accepted penalties.  

Personally speaking, I don't care either way because they are so infrequent in my experience that I don't think that changing the rule would have that big of an effect.  Though it might cause some people to play a bit more passive when tackling for fear of it triggering (is this good or bad I can't say).

On replay's I think that reviewing one or two is fine.  If you're CB blew a coverage and lead to a long TD sometimes you want to see what happened so you can adjust.  Replaying missed blocks or a WR not catching the ball doesn't really give you anything gameplan wise to adjust to.

My thoughts on replay. None is the best, but three should be the max. As @SitnHereFlossin said the other night, it affects the flow of the game. Sometimes, you're going to get beat. There's no reason to keep replaying the plays every time you miss an assignment. Its the equivalent of you and your women about to get it on and then the kids start banging on the door...interrupting you putting in work.

17 hours ago, Pcat Magoo said:

There is no glitch. The player just hit the button a little late. I did it to @aquickassasin last night. Its part of the game. 

Not a single player that abuses replays? If that was the the case then the issue wouldn't have been addressed by more than one person. As I've said in the past and previously, I don't see the need to run more than three replays, especially when you're streaming the game. Do what I do and use your cell you see what happened on the previous play. In my case, I have a custom made scoreboard for my broadcast and it becomes bothersome to have to click between settings because of multiple replays. 

TJ needs to make the ruling.

There's purpose for why late hits are rejected. I've had late hits accepted against me and its lost me the game. So to say that they're insignificant is as false as saying a 3rd down conversion is insignificant doesn't matter to sustain a drive. 

There are always going to be things that irk everyone. I wonder how you guys get through normal days? If I thought about every single thing that 'irked' me, I wouldn't be able to function as a grown adult. As @Pcat Magoo stated: there's not a single player in this league who abuses replays. So why make a big deal out of things that irk few individuals?

I'm not calling anyone out, or putting anyone 'on blast', just bluntly making the point that the rules are intended to account for a video game's short comings and errors in order to best replicate a real life sport.

Remember, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy. 

4 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

Replays: I just feel like its a part of the game and for a few of you guys to enforce a ban on others just because it, "bothers" or "annoys" you simply isn't a good enough reason to make that change.  I personally know it bothers Destro so I very much try to limit them against him out of respect. I never knew it bother you flossin and will limit them going forward when we play.

Late Hits: There are some times in which you are trying to switch to another player to apply a second hit on a ball carrier and something weird happens when there's a late hit when you are absolutely not hitting the button late. That's the glitch i'm referring to. I assumed all players did that defensively but I guess maybe they don't. But I can tell you that I will hit a ball carried with one defensive player and then switch to another player and apply another hit attempting to make the ball carrier fall backwards instead of forward.  AS I said when attempting to do this there are times which the player glitches and applies a late hit when you are absolutely not hitting the button too late. 

Just to be clear because tone and expression do not translate via text. My attitude and tone here are not that of annoyance or irritation.  Just trying to express my feelings.

Brothers,

My apologies but I need to postpone our next episode that was scheduled for tomorrow evening. I'm flying back to Chicago Wednesday and have to put out a fire late tomorrow evening prior to departing. Rescheduled date TBD

Brothers,

Our apologies for the delay but episode #5 has finally been rescheduled. Work/personal life has been hectic as of late for me. The show will air Wednesday, November 1st at 8:30pm eastern. Tune it to hear our mystery guest.