SitnHereFlossin

The CAG Show: Episode #6 - Airing Thurs. 12.21.17 at 8:30 est... NCAANFLCoachTY, welcome to the big leagues!

77 posts in this topic

Brethren

@Pcat Magoo and I have been in discussions of starting a YouTube channel that includes a LIVE stream of the two of us commenting on our league. We haven't worked out all of the details yet regarding whether it will be conducted weekly / semi-monthly, etc as it currently is a work in progress. We, as perhaps you miss the days in which @vertigho & @tpaterniti hosted a weekly radio show. As it stands now our inaugural show will take place 05.19.17 but is subject to change. We have a rough draft of topics we anticipate covering but our intent is to have everyone's feedback, as the show's purpose is for everyone's benefit and enjoyment. That said, if you have topics that you would like to see covered please send @Pcat Magoo AND myself a message and we will incorporate it into the show. Unfortunately for me, I recently started wearing invisalign and doing so requires me to learn how to speak clearly. Hopefully I do not embarrass myself. It is almost like learning to speak all over again!

HeavyHitter55 and tjspeaks like this

Amazing! I'll definitely tune in! Will you be doing something similar with call in guests? 

2 hours ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Amazing! I'll definitely tune in! Will you be doing something similar with call in guests? 

The live stream will have a chat board as well. So we could field questions from anyone attending.  We have also discussed having guests on in future streams.  I've held live streams on my hunting channel with as many as 5 people before. 

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but is a YouTube channel created so I can subscribe and get notifications? 

Brothers,

As a reminder our first LIVE show is scheduled for Friday May 19th @ 8 central time (YouTube page coming soon). We already received input of topics people would like to see discussed. If you have anything you would like to add, please inbox @Pcat Magoo AND myself. One topic that we are going to discuss is opponents that gives each of us problems both offensively and defensively, and why. If you would like to add you comments in, send us a message.

HeavyHitter55 likes this

Going back, reading the comments ... LOL. I really enjoyed myself talking football with you guys. I had been anxiously awaiting the start of the show all week long. I was really nervous because just yesterday morning I received my newest set of invisaline teeth and each time the first few days I find it really difficult to speak clearly. 

I was trying to keep my composure, as my wife was nearby. On the topic of being an emotional wreck she was concurring my statements. It was kind of funny. She is the single reason why I haven't streamed a PIP of my face (a la Vertigho). She doesn't want the world to know how emotional "my husband gets over a video game." @dazzo47 has been trying to convince me to change her mind. 'Til next time!

Show topics/questions:

- We will get back to divisions after this fantasy season

- 5 games was because we were experimenting with draft and with the body builds. It went very well! #fun

- This season is 9 games. You will play every team.

- The gold/navy promotion/demotion idea is great. However, someone name me the best and worst 5 right now. It's a league of parity. We will examine it next season. Maybe we just base it off of the standing from this season. 

- As far as recruitment, there is a very small pool of players that even play this game. They are welcome to check it out. Not sure who said I ignored their inquiry. Everyone is welcome.

- Thanks for the thoughts, ideas.

SitnHereFlossin likes this

36 minutes ago, tjspeaks said:

Show topics/questions:

- We will get back to divisions after this fantasy season

- 5 games was because we were experimenting with draft and with the body builds. It went very well! #fun

- This season is 9 games. You will play every team.

- The gold/navy promotion/demotion idea is great. However, someone name me the best and worst 5 right now. It's a league of parity. We will examine it next season. Maybe we just base it off of the standing from this season. 

- As far as recruitment, there is a very small pool of players that even play this game. They are welcome to check it out. Not sure who said I ignored their inquiry. Everyone is welcome.

- Thanks for the thoughts, ideas.

I think for the promotion idea, take the top/bottom 5 teams from this upcoming season and create the divisions based off of that.  For tie breakers use the same method that you used for this year's playoffs or use a strength of schedule modifier.

Great show, gentlemen. Just finished listening to it while creating my team for the upcoming season.  Yeah, I miss that one particular season when we had 20 teams and four divisions...with an actual NFC East division.

I wished more people would stream their games.  If they're concerned with people seeing their plays, there are ways around it.  If you're going to stream live, just use a program like OBS or XSplit that'll allow you to place an image over your plays.  Or just do what @Showtime718 does and that is record the game then go back and edit out all the play selections.  I, with my limited skills in creating graphics and overlays, am trying to make the broadcast look different by adding the custom scoreboard.  This game will be 10 years old on July 16th and its just something to add more spice to the soup. 

As for recruiting new players, I really don't have much to say about it. Occasionally, you'll get a couple of guys from the SFL to come over; however, that just play for a season or two and that it....which is fine I guess.  Maybe before each season, we should reach out to guys like El Greasy, just to see if they would be interested in coming back for just a season. 

Something that came up in my head just now...during the NFL season, let's have a the normal NFL teams AND have made up created teams like we have now for the ADL. We could have a rotation of different themes for each of those seasons.  It use to be if you didn't make the playoffs, there was another season starting up and you could keep playing.  After I lost in the playoffs in season 50, there was nothing.  Season 51 was halfway over, but nothing for the guys who weren't involved with that.  Maybe it was a timing issue.

Great show and I would love to be a guest on the show.  I promise I'll keep it clean. :)

SitnHereFlossin likes this

I could be wrong on this but IMO I think the new guys who introduce themselves to the league do not stay long because they don't expect it to be so difficult to get wins. We have guys here now, myself included that took more time than others to get over that hump. To answer your question @tjspeaks I do not remember the guy's name who said you were ignoring him, but he's on my friend list. I will find out the next time I turn on my XBOX in send you a message.