LynnRamos

NFL Season Thread

205 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Anyone near Philly wanting to go to the parade on Thursday? 

I am less than an hour from Philly, but why risk my life around nasty Eagles' fans? lol

One of the best things about winning the title - it erases pain from about a dozen tough losses. 

HeavyHitter55 likes this

1 hour ago, tjspeaks said:

I am less than an hour from Philly, but why risk my life around nasty Eagles' fans? lol

One of the best things about winning the title - it erases pain from about a dozen tough losses. 

No need to worry, I have plenty of jerseys to share for your safety! 

dazzo0007 likes this

21 hours ago, aquickassasin said:

Congratz  @HeavyHitter55 on your team winning.  Sorry to @SitnHereFlossin for the lack of defense in the game. 

@aquickassasin a lack of a pass rush exposes the weaknesses of any defense. Philly played a lot of man underneath. Brady had all day to throw. Deion Sanders couldn't cover those receivers as long as they were being asked to. Nick Foles on the other hand completed a number of throws despite tight coverages.

24 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@aquickassasin a lack of a pass rush exposes the weaknesses of any defense. Philly played a lot of man underneath. Brady had all day to throw. Deion Sanders couldn't cover those receivers as long as they were being asked to. Nick Foles on the other hand completed a number of throws despite tight coverages.

This definitely wasn't the game I was expecting.  The Pats O-line played well, very well, making our elite front 4 look average at best.  However, that's what Billichik does - takes away the greatest threat.  In this case, it was our defensive line.  Our secondary didn't play well with a lot of blown coverages.  I like Jim Schwartz, but the fact that he refuses to adjust drives me crazy.  Once we went away from a strict man-to-man play and mixed in more zone, it was better but by then Brady was already doing only what Brady can do.

Our offense, especially Foles, looked phenomenal!  Especially Corey Clement - undrafted rookie FA BTW.  Our guys stepped up when they needed to (except for Torrey Smith - dude's dropped 2-4 passes a game throughout the season).

I knew we were going to win (no doubt in my mind ever), but certainly not like this!

1 hour ago, tjspeaks said:

@HeavyHitter55 how was it?

I'm exhausted. Entire rail system sold out hours before leaving home so had a change of plans to get there. Then we almost missed it because the final bus to Philly was cancelled with no notice! But we made it.

Lots of walking, screaming, chanting & singing. Legs hurt, throat hurts. I'm on cloud friggen 9!

Can't wait for the next one! Next time we go,  I'm booking my family and I in Philly for the whole week! 

BTW, main celebration was at the art museum Rocky steps. I heard that by 5am (celebration started at 1pm) there were 5000-10000 people already there! 

tjspeaks likes this

I'll add that it's very unfortunate but the city was trashed. Garbage scattered everywhere. Glad we had the kids being carried everywhere. That's human nature I suppose...

2018 NFL Draft Discussion:

draft.png

Baltimore Ravens:

look for the Ravens to select 2 WRs and 1 TE in the draft... and add an O-lineman, QB and LB. 

Maybe I should list what 'da Bears don't need. That would be quicker. I hope we resign Kyle Fuller. They declined his team option last season after starting his career off filed under the disappointment category. Last season he led the league in passes defensed. I gotta feeling we're going to lose him though.

First thing first - we need to find a way to retain the power of this team and extend Graham and bring Nigel Bradham back. Next we have to find HOF Jason Peters replacement. I like Vatai but I don't think he's the long term answer. He could be a good stop gap until we find the right fit so that we don't have to force things.

Secondly we're suddenly lacking at TE. Burton is going to price himself out of our range and rightfully so - he's very underrated. And Celek is nearing the end of his career and has become more of a blocker than receiver. We need receiving TEs to keep this offense diverse. I like the draft to fill this hole. Similarly at RB, there are questions since everyone is in their rookie contracts and I don't think we will have enough $$$ to keep Ajayi beyond his rookie contract. Again, I like the draft here. 

If we can add depth to the roster, specifically everywhere on D, this will be a successful off-season.

I'm praying that Howie does NOT trade Foles. The only way I see this happening is if we get an offer including but not limited to (2) first rounders. Nothing less...

5 hours ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

I'm praying that Howie does NOT trade Foles. The only way I see this happening is if we get an offer including but not limited to (2) first rounders. Nothing less...

2 first round draft picks? I understand he played well, in fact great for you guys since your MVP went down. But no GM is giving up 2 first round draft picks for Nick Foles.

1 hour ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

2 first round draft picks? I understand he played well, in fact great for you guys since your MVP went down. But no GM is giving up 2 first round draft picks for Nick Foles.

Yep and that's the value of a great backup quarterback on a cheap contract. I'm not saying that any backup QB is truly worth 2 firsts. I'm saying that a backup quarterback with starting potential with a SB MVP as a credential on a cheap contract is worth two 1st rounders top a team who's in position to repeat. 

I believe it was a long time coming Doug Martin getting released it should of happened 2 years ago. 

I just read Wentz will have to wear a knee brace I believe this will impact his career. I projected Goff would be the better qb but not this way.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:07 PM, HeavyHitter55 said:

@aquickassasin,

Browns are whittling and dealing so much you're making Howie Roseman blush! 

I might be being overly optimistic but we might be able to double our win total from last season.

48 minutes ago, aquickassasin said:

I might be being overly optimistic but we might be able to double our win total from last season.

Off-season = Paper League Football

We're all at 0-0 and we're all overtly optimistic! 

aquickassasin likes this

14 hours ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Off-season = Paper League Football

We're all at 0-0 and we're all overtly optimistic! 

lol, I was being sarcastic as in double the wins of a 0 win team is still 0 wins.  Though realistically I think depending on how the draft goes we should be aiming for at least 6 wins next season.  Though anything below a playoff berth and I believe Hue gets fired.

7 minutes ago, aquickassasin said:

lol, I was being sarcastic as in double the wins of a 0 win team is still 0 wins.  Though realistically I think depending on how the draft goes we should be aiming for at least 6 wins next season.  Though anything below a playoff berth and I believe Hue gets fired.

I think the Browns need to start up top.  You can have the best players in the league, but it doesn't matter if the guys running the team don't have a common direction.  Otherwise, you just end up with a lot of talented players running around the field like chickens with their heads cut off.

Continually changing coaches and exec's doesn't help in doing that.