LynnRamos

NFL Season Thread

236 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, allenjd said:

how do the experts give the vikings a 58 % chance of making the playoffs with bradford? dude a bust and has never won more games than lost smh

Because they play in a lousy division and their defense is pretty good. Also, they might be banking that AP can carry the offense...

1 hour ago, MightyRx said:

Because they play in a lousy division and their defense is pretty good. Also, they might be banking that AP can carry the offense...

I'd go a step further. Not only is their defense 'pretty good'. I'd go further and say that they are top 5. The Vikes did little on O last year, yet found a way to win the division.

Feel bad for the Vikings and their fans. I understand why they rolled the dice with Bradford but I'll be shocked if he helps them win anything substantial. The Vikings have an underrated defensive for sure but with A Rod and a healthy E. Lacey and J Nelson my money is on the Packers in that division again..

As far as the Broncos go, a lot more questions than answers on the offensive side yet again. New QB, 0.0% experience as a starter at this level. Word is he is smart, a hard worker, strong arm and can make all the throws. We should ground and pound  but he's going to have to make some plays. The offensive line is a question mark, several new additions they should be improved but we'll see. 

Fortunately the defense is stout and although they might not be as dominant as last year should be able to keep us in most of the games until the offense can get going. Broncos Nation '16

So... we are out.

We must get rid of Jordan Norwood, Michael Schofield and most importantly... Donald Stephenson AKA the worst Offensive Lineman I've seen wearing the Orange and Blue. I thought Michael Schofield was bad (and he is) but Stephenson is waaaay worse.

We must draft AT LEAST two OL in the early rounds (1-3) and also NT (Sly Williams is not cutting it), DE (Jared Crick is not the answer after we lost Malik Jackson) and another ILB (To add depth) in the draft. We need C.J. Anderson back healthy because Justin Forsett is not the long term answer and Devontae Booker shows flashes but the Workhorse has to be CJ. We need Andy Janovich back, a very good Fullback and Virgil Green (Tight End) back as well.

I like Trevor Siemian as the starter moving forward, but he needs an OL and receivers not named Emmanuel Sanders who can catch passes consistently.

Until next season, #BroncosCountry #UnitedInOrange

SitnHereFlossin likes this

On 9/5/2016 at 9:55 AM, HeavyHitter55 said:

Eagles name QB Carson Wentz the starter for Week 1.  I have mixed feelings - I absolutely loved what I saw from him in the first pre-season game, but 1) it was preseason 2) it was only one half 3) it was with & against the 3rd and 4th team 4) he's already hurt with a cracked rib - it won't take much to get hurt again.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not expecting much more than a 4-12 season.

@HeavyHitter55 Hello Whodini 

@tjspeaks

For me, I loved the attitude that he brought to the game. He reminds me of Anquan Bolden. I remember in a playoff game vs 'da Bears, in Chicago. They interviewed him pregame, and it was freezing outside. They asked him how he would deal with the cold. Steve didn't flinch. He responded by saying that he could either be at home under the comforts of his home along with most other NFL teams (playoff time), or he could be outside freezing. He'd rather be freezing. I love 'em! He took the challenge of being a short wr and used it as motivation. Have you seen his calve muscles. They look like those of a DT.

1 hour ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@HeavyHitter55 Hello Whodini 

Wentz was spectacular this season for a rookie. He's near setting franchise records and he's looked strong. He's made mistakes but he's supposed to. His supporting cast has been lack luster to say the least. We need a more talent everywhere on O (RB, WR, OL) and need Lane Johnson to stay off the juice. 

Defensively we're nothing without a front 7 that lives in the backfield. We need to unload McKelvin. Dude's a bum and has been trailing for the better half of this entire season. We need secondary help desperately and need depth at DL for better consistency during rotations.

2 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

As a Bears fan, watching Green Bay win vs Dallas ... hurts me to my stomach.

I'm thrilled. The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

God I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots. Atlanta gave that game away. 25 point lead in the second half and can't even get another 5 yards to score a FG...?

SMH

As I have said in CAG games, the ATL defense was exhausted in the 2nd half. When they couldn't get off the field with those 3 3rd down penalties, I told my friend that drive was going to come back and bite the defense. The pass rush was non-existent in the 2nd half because they were fatigued. Why Atlanta didn't elect to run the ball late in the 4th and settle for a FG for a two score lead? The world will never know. IMO, that clearly cost them the game.

HeavyHitter55 likes this

13 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

As I have said in CAG games, the ATL defense was exhausted in the 2nd half. When they couldn't get off the field with those 3 3rd down penalties, I told my friend that drive was going to come back and bite the defense. The pass rush was non-existent in the 2nd half because they were fatigued. Why Atlanta didn't elect to run the ball late in the 4th and settle for a FG for a two score lead? The world will never know. IMO, that clearly cost them the game.

Their run game was doing well. Bone headed series of plays. That missed block by their RB resulting in the sack-fumble was when the entire game was decided. How you miss that block is beyond me. Wasn't a disguised blitz or anything, just blown assignment. 

2 hours ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Their run game was doing well. Bone headed series of plays. That missed block by their RB resulting in the sack-fumble was when the entire game was decided. How you miss that block is beyond me. Wasn't a disguised blitz or anything, just blown assignment. 

The tailback was put in a position in which, although I cannot confirm, but in that situation I believe Freeman was in the game, but normally would've been Coleman. The flaw on that particular play, well actually there were two .... a 7 step drop? Why? Second, the way they were lined up left no disguise of a possibility of a run play. The tailback was flanked out wide. Every d lineman just peeled their ears back and rushed the passer. I don't know the linebackers name who got the sack, but he was likely assigned to Freeman, which freed him up to rush the passer. Freeman also wasn't expecting the lineman to whiff on his assignment either. 

BUT EVEN AFTER the sack, they could've run the ball and been well within FG range. Their d lineman were running on fumes even before that. They needed ATL to run the ball more (playing @dazzo47 type of football). With the success they were having, why not? Atlanta not winning the coin toss to start OT, their lineman were gassed and the game was already over.

HeavyHitter55 likes this

When I look back and I see the small details... That is the biggest choke job in the history of sports. It is not the fact that they didn't perform. Is that fact that the COACHING staff made the Falcons lose.

1) You have a PRO BOWL RB in your backfield, 3&1, up 28-12, ball at your 35 or so  with 8:30 left in the 4th and you PASS. Result: Strip-Sack, Pats recover and score to make it 28-20. Run the ball, take time of the clock and even if you don't convert, you can punt the ball and gain field position, when that happened I said to the people around me: Overtime.

2) You have 2&1, up 28-20 with 4 mins or so, ball at the NE 22 and you do a seven-step drop? Why do you have a Fullback in your roster then? Put him in, run the ball down their throats, help your defense get rest and bleed the clock (and talking about bleeding the clock, why the Falcons were running plays in hurry-up mode taking snaps with 20 secs left in play clock is beyond me) but anyways... you cannot risk a sack because even if you don't convert, you can kick a 40 yd FG to put the game 31-20.

3) The Falcons ran 22 Man and Cover 1 Robber all game long, didn't it cross Dan Quinn's mind that Belichick and Brady would have that figured after seeing it over and over again. You can only run that play with great talent in your defense, including great pass rush. That's what the Broncos did in 2015 and it worked because they have great secondary + great pass rush in Miller and Ware. And we know that even in APF the recipe against man to man is passes to the RB - hence why James White caught 14 balls in the SB.

It is really like the Falcons were down 25 instead of up 25. After they scored their last TD to make it 28-3, they ran the ball only FOUR times in the last 23+ minutes of the game.

HeavyHitter55 likes this

@dazzo47 & @dazzo0007

The draft is near. 'Da Bears have the 3rd overall pick. Several mock drafts are predicting 'with the 3rd overall pick, the Chicago Bears select .... Jamal Adams, SS LSU.' Me personally, its hard to imagine picking a safety 3rd overall. Let alone a SS. That high I'd prefer a lineman on either side of the ball, edge rusher, or a QB.

That said, if I am going to pick a safety, I'd prefer Ohio State FS Malik Hooker. Adams is the better tackler, and probably more NFL ready of the two. But Hooker has the better ball skills and makes more impact plays. Care to share your thoughts on who you would like them to pick?

On 4/12/2017 at 2:08 PM, SitnHereFlossin said:

@dazzo47 & @dazzo0007

The draft is near. 'Da Bears have the 3rd overall pick. Several mock drafts are predicting 'with the 3rd overall pick, the Chicago Bears select .... Jamal Adams, SS LSU.' Me personally, its hard to imagine picking a safety 3rd overall. Let alone a SS. That high I'd prefer a lineman on either side of the ball, edge rusher, or a QB.

That said, if I am going to pick a safety, I'd prefer Ohio State FS Malik Hooker. Adams is the better tackler, and probably more NFL ready of the two. But Hooker has the better ball skills and makes more impact plays. Care to share your thoughts on who you would like them to pick?

@SitnHereFlossin, I'm with you on selecting a lineman but I would rather they trade down for more picks. They just have too many holes to fill. Strengthen the offensive and defensive lines and that automatically makes everyone  else better. 

I'm disgusted. The Bears are in need of multiple pieces. We traded the number 3 pick along with multiple others, to move up ONE spot to pick up a quarterback with 13 TOTAL collegiate starts. 

dazzo0007 likes this

Sorry @SitnHereFlossin, @dazzo0007, @dazzo47, that was a horrible and shocking move...my sincerest condolences.

Now, the Eagles were able to pick up a guy who's able to complete a dominant front 4.  Yes, we had a greater need elsewhere - CB, RB specifically, but last year proved that Jim Schwartz's scheme is a make or break system with defensive pressure being the absolute highest priority.  Graham played great, and Cox was absorbed by double-teams all season long.  Now with a rotating front 4 that consisting of Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Tim Jernigan, Derek Barnett, Vinny Curry, and Chris Long with up-and-comers Steven Means, Aziz Shittu, Destiny Vaeao, I'm foaming at the mouth of seeing what this front 4 can do with more consistency along the line.

With a deep corner and running back class, the rest of the holes throughout the roster can be filled in the mid-rounds.

I'm psyched for this pick and how things will play out tomorrow and Saturday!

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

dazzo0007 likes this