LynnRamos

NFL Season Thread

248 posts in this topic

^^ Thank you Allen.

Now, I don't know if this Denver defense is better than the 70's Steelers, 85' Bears, 00' Ravens, 02' Bucs or 13' Seahawks. But one thing is for real to me... This is the most Clutch defense I've seen in my entire life. All season long our defense made a huge play at the very end to win it.

Week 1: Talib pick six vs Ravens which gave us the game winning score, and at the end, a D-Stew pick in the endzone sealed it.

Week 2: Brandon Marshall knocks the ball out and Bradley Roby returns it for a TD to win it vs Chiefs.

Week 4: T.J. Ward strip sacks Bridgewater and Von Miller recovers late in the 4th qtr to seal it vs Vikings

Week 5: Chris Harris Jr. Makes a game winning pick six late in the game vs Raiders.

Week 6: In regulation, Cleveland was driving to make the game winning score, SS David Bruton makes an INT in the final 2 mins of regulation and sends game to OT, in OT after a Manning INT, Cleveland had great field position, a couple of sacks took them out of FG range and they had to punt... we scored the Game winning FG the very next drive.

Week 11: Two point conv to tie the game stuffed vs Bears.

Week 12: A sack by Von Miller gave great field position to the Broncos after a punt and Denver scored the game winning TD afterwards vs Patriots in OT.

Week 16: Denver scores FG in OT to put the game 23-20, Miller strip sacks Dalton and Ware recovers to win game vs Bengals.

Divisional game: Roby strips F. Touissant late in the game, and Denver scores the game winning TD afterwards vs Steelers

Conf. Championship: Brady gets hit 20 times, in the end, Talib tips 2 pt conv pass att, and it's intercepted by Roby, to seal it vs Patriots.

Super Bowl: 16-10, four minutes left. Von Miller strip sacks Newton, Denver recovers at CAR 5 yd line, CJ Anderson scores game game sealing TD vs Carolina.

Defenses wins championships. The performance by this Defense is one of the best we have ever seen in SB history. We had 194 yds on offense, yet we won by 14 against the #1 Offense in football. 194 yds by a winning team is the least amount in SB history by a winning team.

Best thing: Defense is still young, Miller is 26, Harris is 26, Wolfe is 25, Roby is 23, Marshall is 26, Williams is 27, Ward is 29, D-Stew is 27, Trevathan is 25, Shane Ray (22) will take Ware's place when he retires,Ware has a lot on the tank, but Ray will be a good player, and Barrett is 23.

Edited by LynnRamos

1 hour ago, allenjd said:

Ramos i remenber a few years you hated roby lol told you he would be good:)

I didn't hate Roby lol. I was skeptical because on Draft day, NFL network had Roby getting burnt in coverage. But I've liked Roby a lot since his first game vs Colts when he sealed the victory for us.

Well, Howie Roseman's been able to work some magic - moving Byron Maxwell and DeMarco Murray out, freeing up cap and shifting around in the draft.  Most notably, moving from No. 13 overall to No. 8.  While I did believe that Maxwell and Murray could do well when utilized correctly, their contracts were simply very large and the risk outweighed the likelihood of success.  I kind of have a 'meh' opinion on these trades.  It now leaves more holes that need to be addressed via FA or draft.  Signing Bradford is a big move IMO - like I've said before, Bradford has proved that he's not a great QB.  However, I think he's  good enough for what we need.  We need a game manager and someone who's going to be smart with the ball.  That's what Bradford is - sometimes too careful.

I like the moves in FA that we've made - signing CB Leodis McKelvin, CB Ron Brooks, QB Chase Daniel, G Brandon Brooks, LB Nigel Bradham, and S Rodney McLeod.  I'm particularly happy with Brandon Brooks, Bradham, and McLeod.  Brooks was overpaid, however, he's a very welcomed addition and upgrade by Tobin.  I don't know much about McLeod, but from what I've seen, he has good range and isn't afraid to be physical - something we've desperately needed on defense.  Bradham would always catch my eye when I would watch a Bills game 2 years ago when Schwartz was DC, so he obviously knows how to use him effectively.

McKelvin and Daniel are solid I think.  I'm not exhilarated to see their names on the roster, yet I'm not disappointed.  I think with Daniel as the backup, we need to get rid of Sanchez.  Like Maxwell and Murray, his cost does not match his value.  McKelvin will make some plays, and give up others, but he's not a total liability.  We still need a clear starter at CB across the board (left, right, inside).

FA-wise, I hope we bring back Brandon Boykin.  When used correctly, he can be a beast on the inside and would check off one of our needs.  I'd like to see us add another DB, G, LB, and DL (maybe CB).  Since transitioning back to a 4-3, we're slim on LBs and we could use a little more depth at DL behind our beastly front 4 (Graham, Cox, Logan, Curry).

There's a lot of talk of us taking a QB at 8, but with the departure of our only clear-cut option as a #1 back, we need a guy to pound the rock, eat up clock, and let Bradford manage the game.  After watching some stuff on Ezekiel Elliott, I'm really hoping we get this guy.  He has good vision, a good step once he finds the hole, good power in his legs, high motor, holds the ball tight to his body, decent burst, and good-enough lateral ability to use some finesse when the situation calls for it.  It'd allow us to use Mathews sparingly and keep the ball on the ground, and it'd let us use Sproles in the best way possible similar to how B-West was used back in the 2000s.  I'm praying that although Doug Pederson wasn't our first (or second) choice, he'll be the right choice by knowing the value of a power running game and using it against a league where players are getting smaller and weaker.  A strong run game will take pressure off of the entire team and give us control.

Just acquired Mark Sanchez via trade. I like the move because he is a veteran and we only gave a 7th rd pick for him. With that 7th Rd pick maybe we would have drafted a QB no one has ever heard of and was going to be out in two seasons. He will compete for the starting job. With the defense that we have (even though M. Jackson and D. Trevathan left) is still elite. This is a DL Draft and Jackson and Trevathan are very replaceable. That being said, Sanchez, or Siemian or even Kaepernick maybe would just need to be game managers and let our defense do their thing.

3 hours ago, LynnRamos said:

Just acquired Mark Sanchez via trade. I like the move because he is a veteran and we only gave a 7th rd pick for him. With that 7th Rd pick maybe we would have drafted a QB no one has ever heard of and was going to be out in two seasons. He will compete for the starting job. With the defense that we have (even though M. Jackson and D. Trevathan left) is still elite. This is a DL Draft and Jackson and Trevathan are very replaceable. That being said, Sanchez, or Siemian or even Kaepernick maybe would just need to be game managers and let our defense do their thing.

Good riddens - keep Sanchez.  I'm just glad we got rid of his contract (although it's really replaced by Daniel's contract).

Denver QBs were 31st last year QB Rating wise - Only the Rams were worse and we won the SB. We just need Sanchez or whoever is the starting QB to not throw for 30 picks and we'll be good.

Ramos,

I dont know much a out Travathan other than the fact that hes a good locker room guy and a good tackler. The Bears signed him. Anything else you can tell me about him.

5 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

Ramos,

I dont know much a out Travathan other than the fact that hes a good locker room guy and a good tackler. The Bears signed him. Anything else you can tell me about him.

He is a GREAT Linebacker and will most certainly be missed. Your team got a steal in him. Amazing pass coverage skills, great run stopper and CLUTCH as few linebackers I've seen. Denver has good LB depth but Trevathan will be tough to replace. He is by far our worst loss in this offseason. Even though Malik Jackson is good and Brock Osweiler I thought was going to be our future as QB, Danny is the one free agent (alongside CJ Anderson) I wanted to keep the most.

That being said, yeah, your team got an excellent player.

You think he's a bigger loss than Malik Jackson? I do not follow the AFC too much to be honest with you. So maybe my estimation is incorrect but I thought Malik was the bigger loss. Your thoughts?

Former Green Bay all pro guard Josh Sitton is visiting the Bears today. I don't know much about him. Dazzo0007, what can you tell me about him? I kid, I kid. After paying G Kyle Long 40 million, with 30 of it guaranteed, can we afford to pay another guard the money he's asking for? I hope so. Matt Forte (sigh), excuse me but our backfield would be smiling.

Eagles name QB Carson Wentz the starter for Week 1.  I have mixed feelings - I absolutely loved what I saw from him in the first pre-season game, but 1) it was preseason 2) it was only one half 3) it was with & against the 3rd and 4th team 4) he's already hurt with a cracked rib - it won't take much to get hurt again.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not expecting much more than a 4-12 season.

1 hour ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

Eagles name QB Carson Wentz the starter for Week 1.  I have mixed feelings - I absolutely loved what I saw from him in the first pre-season game, but 1) it was preseason 2) it was only one half 3) it was with & against the 3rd and 4th team 4) he's already hurt with a cracked rib - it won't take much to get hurt again.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not expecting much more than a 4-12 season.

At least it's against the Browns.  Our defense has looked like a wet paper bag all preseason.

6 hours ago, aquickassasin said:

At least it's against the Browns.  Our defense has looked like a wet paper bag all preseason.

And last year the Eagles looked like SB contenders LOLOLOLOLOL

how do the experts give the vikings a 58 % chance of making the playoffs with bradford? dude a bust and has never won more games than lost smh

6 hours ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

And last year the Eagles looked like SB contenders LOLOLOLOLOL

Well your offense might look that way against the Browns defense.  I'm hoping for a repeat of the 2007 season for the Browns where our offense just seems to find a way to win games in spite of our defense.