LynnRamos

NFL Season Thread

253 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

The NFL is never going to admit fault. I honestly think changes will be made, but not until season's end. I challenge anyone that reads this, to run full speed and tackle a tackling dummy via a wrap up tackle. What you will find is that it is impossible to do so without some sort of your body landing on top of them. Keeping all of that in mind, imagine tackling a moving target.

Agreed - like a lot of things, these sacks are taken out of context without regard to how the defender got there.  In the 'illegal' plays, nothing is shown about the pursuit angle which causes the defender's momentum to carry them to land on the quarterback.  In the 'legal' plays, you'll see that the defender reached the quarterback from an angle which carries their body weight to go around the quarterback.

My body didn't let me play the game that I love so dearly, but it does not take an athlete to conclude that what the NFL is penalizing these players for is physically impossible and will only lead to more non-QB players' injuries.

Oh yeah!! Rex was Rex and Brian was Brian!  Mike Brown always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Great football mind. Thanks for refreshing a great memory!

7 hours ago, dazzo47 said:

Oh yeah!! Rex was Rex and Brian was Brian!  Mike Brown always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Great football mind. Thanks for refreshing a great memory!

True. But if memory serves me correctly we also lost either Mike Brown &/or Tommy Harris for the season during this game too.

18 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/2062810103765935/

@dazzo47 @dazzo0007 remember this game of our super bowl season?

how could you not?  lol. That was an amazing comeback by everyone except Rex.  which was to be expected. Watching that makes me miss the excitement of Devin Hester's return ability.  

The Bears are who we thought they were!  That's why we let em off the hook

SitnHereFlossin and dazzo47 like this