LynnRamos

NFL Season Thread

205 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, aquickassasin said:

I don't think that we really needed to put much more into our line.  When both Garrett and Ogbah where both in the game they were able to wreck havoc, however, Garrett missed 6 games and I think Ogbah went down somewhere around week 10 with a season-ending injury.  Add in the improved DBs and LBs we should be able to have a pretty stable defense. 

As much as I like Taylor I haven't seen him be willing to take chances down the field.  Though that could easily come down to not having the receivers to make that happen in Buffalo.  He did some impressive stuff when Watkins wasn't injured so we'll see how it goes.  

People said the same thing about Alex Smith. 

Uou know your team better then me, but Garrett Chubb AND Ogbah?? Too good to pass up, or so I thought...

2 hours ago, LynnRamos said:

Chubb and Miller tho. :eyes:

Fell right into Denver’s Lap. If he passed Denver the niners were getting him.

LynnRamos likes this

I liked Fitz more then others have in the past, but for someone as smart as him he does throw a lot of INTs...

4 hours ago, NTQ03 said:

I liked Fitz more then others have in the past, but for someone as smart as him he does throw a lot of INTs...

Least we have a serviceable back up. But we have a ancient Brent grimes and 3 scrubs on our secondary :(. And our offensive line only has 2 serviceable players 2-14 here we come :(

You never know who will be available, some guys are going to get cut after the pre-season (some maybe before). Might get get lucky and have a better QB get released, but Winston will only be out like 3 games.

3 hours ago, NTQ03 said:

I like Kovy but LA overpaid. Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

You think yal will get Tavares? Least he's shooting for LA instead of Vegas. We needed some scoring. I think it's time we part with Doughty.

He’s not going to LA, they used all their cap room for Kovalchuk. SJ, Vegas & Tor can offer him what he wants on the hockey side. SJ can offer the most $, NYI can offer the most years.

13 hours ago, NTQ03 said:

Just watched Baker Mayfield put Cowherd in his place. Respect.

@NTQ03 Cowherd was reaching and unprofessional. I was happy to Baker step on his throat.

8 hours ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

@NTQ03 Cowherd was reaching and unprofessional. I was happy to Baker step on his throat.

Agreed

On 6/24/2018 at 2:55 AM, NTQ03 said:

Just watched Baker Mayfield put Cowherd in his place. Respect.

[Grumpy old man side]

This is what our culture and society is now. Social media boils everything down to 1 image, 1 post, and 5 second clips and there's no context to anything anymore - straight judgement and showing off.

Mayfield was trying to be judged based on a 5 second clip and was aware enough to give the rest of the context of that exact game and that exact situation.

The Eagles were being portrayed by Fox news as a team who kneels during the National Anthem by showing images of several players kneeling to pray during warm ups BEFORE the game (and anthem) had even started. Ertz was quick to call their propoganda(lie)-based "journalism" out, thus resulting in an "apology" (thru social media vs an actually aired report).

This is exactly why I absolutely and utterly DESPISE social media!

[Step off soap-box and suppress grumpy old man]

13 hours ago, HeavyHitter55 said:

[Grumpy old man side]

This is what our culture and society is now. Social media boils everything down to 1 image, 1 post, and 5 second clips and there's no context to anything anymore - straight judgement and showing off.

Mayfield was trying to be judged based on a 5 second clip and was aware enough to give the rest of the context of that exact game and that exact situation.

The Eagles were being portrayed by Fox news as a team who kneels during the National Anthem by showing images of several players kneeling to pray during warm ups BEFORE the game (and anthem) had even started. Ertz was quick to call their propoganda(lie)-based "journalism" out, thus resulting in an "apology" (thru social media vs an actually aired report).

Great quote.

HeavyHitter55 likes this

On 6/25/2018 at 4:56 AM, HeavyHitter55 said:

[Grumpy old man side]

Social media is a great tool when used appropriately. The problem with it is the abuse that's made out of it from morally bankrupt individuals. Well, perhaps I shouldn't go as far as morally bankrupt, but you get the point. You could tell by Mayfield's mannerisms that he wanted to say more, but I give him credit for remaining cool under fire. I seen the Eagles get called out in regards to the protests. Individuals who are against it have turned it into an anthem protest, convincing many individuals to change the narrative. In fact, I'm not going to bother commenting on that issue because it really ticks me off and I just don't have the energy for that right now. I was happy to see the media have to come to grips and correct themselves, in terms of the Eagles.

** Coming from a war veteran, much respect to the Malcolm Jenkins' & Chris Long's of the world. **

usa_today_10379489.0.jpg

HeavyHitter55 likes this

48 minutes ago, SitnHereFlossin said:

Social media is a great tool when used appropriately. The problem with it is the abuse that's made out of it from morally bankrupt individuals. Well, perhaps I shouldn't go as far as morally bankrupt, but you get the point. You could tell by Mayfield's mannerisms that he wanted to say more, but I give him credit for remaining cool under fire. I seen the Eagles get called out in regards to the protests. Individuals who are against it have turned it into an anthem protest, convincing many individuals to change the narrative. In fact, I'm not going to bother commenting on that issue because it really ticks me off and I just don't have the energy for that right now. I was happy to see the media have to come to grips and correct themselves, in terms of the Eagles.

** Coming from a war veteran, much respect to the Malcolm Jenkins' & Chris Long's of the world. **

usa_today_10379489.0.jpg

Too bad we can't like more than 1x...

Didn't know you're a Vet @SitnHereFlossin.

Thank you for what you sacrificed for us.

SitnHereFlossin likes this

On the topic of the NFL, this years top 100 players of 2018 the NFL network did is a F’N joke. Yeah I know they “poll” the players, but how Alex Smith didn’t make the top 100 (or 110) is beyond disbelief. He was #81 last year and had an even better year this year. He outplayed half the QBs that made the list. A lot of people are saying it’s because he went from the Chiefs to the Redskins, but it’s not like the Redskins are devoid of talent. I mean Sherman was injured and went from the Seahawks to the Niners and he was like 64. Going into it I thought he’d move up 15-20 spots; maybe 30 if people were generous. When it got to the final 10 I was like sweet he made it really high (albeit higher then I would have expected) but then nope, not on the list.

sorry for the rant but that ___ pisses me off.