tjspeaks

get IN the game - CAG NFL in the SFL

879 posts in this topic

Nick T. Quick (NTQ)

Grew up a niners fan in the Bay Area. His first football experience was playing tag football with his friends during elementary school (which turned to tackle when the sprinklers came on). Being born in the early 80's, he was a young lad during the twightlight years of the Niners dynasty from the 80's & 90's. Playing with his friends, he always excelled at the WR position. He was never the fleet of foot, but because he watched so many Niner games and Jerry Rice was one of his favorite players, he was able to study him like a book & mimmic his route running. This caused his teammates to call him "White Rice" a name he didn't care for at first (he didn't even like to eat rice back then) he soon took a liking too it. School was never his thing and he had poor academic grades and attendance. After dropping out of community college twice, he took a 9-5 and would hang around the niners facility, trying to get as much knowledge of the game as he could. It was around this time he was given the nickname NTQ. He just thought it was an acronym for his name, but later found out it stood for Nick The Quick. His friends said they have it to him for his quick wit & ability to learn at a high speed, if it was something he was interested in. NTQ was finally able to meet Rice, who started taking him for runs on "The Hill". His first NFL tryout was with the niners during the lockout of 11'. During "Camp Alex" he displayed the route running ability that garnered him the "White Rice" moniker. He also learned the playbook at an accelerated rate, which helped him with his knowledge of the system and report with QB Alex Smith. The niners showed mild interest, which cooled off after the team signed Braylon Edwards. Disappointed, but not discouraged, NTQ would continue his training regimen with Jerry, which included catching passes from Hall of Fame QB's Joe Montana & Steve Young. During the 12' off-season, NTQ again tried out for the Niners. This time the team showed a greater level of interest, even after signing Mario Manningham. NTQ was on the verge of his first NFL contract, when a late night romp between Jim Harbaugh & Randy Moss, brought the future Hall of Fame WR to San Francisco. After his good friend Alex Smith was ousted by the 49ers, NTQ decided the not par-take in the niners 13' open tryouts. He received a call from Alex to come try out for the Chiefs, but NTQ didn't want to move that far away. A year later, a year old & a year wiser, NTQ realized if he was ever going to play football at the professional level, he would have to consider playing for a team outside of the Bay Area. While scouring the internet for open tryouts, he noticed that the expansion Baltimore Crabs of the SFL were holding open tryouts at the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California this weekend. It turns out the Crabs are holding open tryouts across all the NFL cities to find players that have been over looked. Wanting to improve his chances of making the team, NTQ will also tryout for LB, a position he played when he was younger, but hasn't played in years.

Nick T. Quick (NTQ)

... he displayed the route running ability that garnered him the "White Rice" moniker.

We will have to scale it down but that is a great write up NTQ.

Can you list the college you desire to be from?

2lw56ps.png

We are expecting great things from our coordinators.

They are studying SFL gamefilms and designing the team's playbook.

There is much work to do. If you would like to assist them

in watching game film and running APF lab tests, please

PM them and they will announce an assistant when selected.

You can be a player/coach and can receive an extra $200K for your work.

You must be good at taking good notes.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHgNh3kZk8k

JOIN THE CAG NFL SFL TEAM

Edited by tjspeaks

The team will be build on a tough defense (6 of the team's stars will be on

the defensive side of the ball). tpat will have a lot of talent to work with.

vertigho will have to be more creative, getting the most from his 4 stars.

We believe providing vert with a powerful gold HB along with his ability to call

plays that spread the defense will create mismatches that can be taken advantage of.

2lw56ps.png

We would like to see this series of events often for the Baltimore Crabs.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT_xVdgIaj4

Edited by tjspeaks

We will have to scale it down but that is a great write up NTQ.

Can you list the college you desire to be from?

2lw56ps.png

We are expecting great things from our coordinators.

They are studying SFL gamefilms and designing the team's playbook.

There is much work to do. If you would like to assist them

in watching game film and running APF lab tests, please

PM them and they will announce an assistant when selected.

You can be a player/coach and can receive an extra $200K for your work.

You must be good at taking good notes.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHgNh3kZk8k

Scale it down? Oh was it too long? Lol I kinda got into it and got carries away. I wanna make an impression and make the team!

He only went to community college, none of the bigger ones.

Scale it down? Oh was it too long? Lol I kinda got into it and got carries away. I wanna make an impression and make the team!

He only went to community college, none of the bigger ones.

We want every player to be from a college... you can list a community college or just pick one you like or one near your home or one you want to be associated with.

What positions are left to apply for? I'm interested. I'd like to stick with my comfort zone. I've played primarily free safety. A bit of strong safety and periodically as a third down tailback.

What positions are left to apply for? I'm interested. I'd like to stick with my comfort zone. I've played primarily free safety. A bit of strong safety and periodically as a third down tailback.

see post #2... you can apply for any 2 of interest (one must be bronze)

if you played 3rd down tailback - you may have the most experience.

- thanks!

Hhmm do I want to be from Cal (Rodgers) Stanford (Luck) or San Jose State (Garcia)?

I'll go with San Jose State. Fits my under the radar theme.

The Baltimore Crabs' offensive personnel and their corresponding abilities have been finalized!

gold: HB (cutback, branching tackles, speed burner)

silver: QB (leadership, pocket passer)

silver: WR (acrobatic catches, route god)

bronze: WR (acrobatic catches)

Looks solid. Don't have a lot to work with, having just the 4 caps, but I think you built the best you can. You gave them same abilities I would have.

Edited by NTQ03

Will keep detailed schematics under wraps, just to protect us from those competing who may be sneaking-a-peek here, but fully expect the Crabs' offense to utilize their personnel to the best of their ability, while continuing to look for schematic and strategic advantages.

Really? I thought T or C were the best to choose if you could have only 1? Of course I'm not too keen on how good the lineman play.

Gs pull which is the most useful on offense. There are C pull plays but they don't work well logistically. T could help against a good DE, but this league has maybe one or two good DEs.